TVMDL’s bacteriologists use both traditional techniques and cutting-edge technology to identify fungal and bacterial pathogens. In addition to identification services, TVMDL bacteriologists also perform antibiotic sensitivity testing to assist clients in determining the susceptibility of bacteria to specific antibiotics.
Each day, TVMDL’s bacteriology section serves a wide array of clients from practitioners to producers, continually assisting in the timely and accurate detection of infectious animal diseases.
Bacteriology Section Highlights
- Professionals who are dedicated to assisting clients with their bacteriology testing needs through traditional and advanced testing methods
- Continual investments in technology to ensure accurate and efficient results
- Cost-effective testing services with quick turnaround times
Overview of Bacteriology Section Services
- Bacterial Cultures (Aerobic/Anaerobic)
- Methicillin-Resistant Staph Confirmation
- Mycobacteria (Rapidly-Growing)/Nocardia/Actinomyces
- Contagious Equine Metritis
- Trichomonas – Bovine Regulatory
College Station Leadership
Section Head: Narayan Paul, DVM, PhD
Assistant Section Head: Sonia Lingsweiler