TVMDL locations accept walk-in samples at all four locations.
- Bring the specimen to the receiving door or dock. TVMDL personnel will assist with large samples and/or carcasses.
- Fill out a submission form for the laboratory.
- Present payment information/account information or fill out a prepayment form.
- The sample will receive an accession number for tracking.
- A receipt of payment will be presented.
Cases dropped off are processed as usual and do not receive rush treatment unless otherwise noted on the submission form.
Sample receiving is open 24/7/365 at both the College Station and Canyon laboratories if clients cannot arrive during regular business hours.
In Canyon, samples can be left in refrigerated storage in the vestibule at the front entrance of the building.
In College Station, samples can be left in refrigerated storage, in the sample dropoff vestibule at the north side of the building.
To leave a sample at TVMDL after business hours:
- Complete submission form (forms located on writing desk inside the after hours receiving area).
- Ensure all specimens are labeled with animal IDs and client account number(s).
- Place the specimen and submittal form in separate plastic bags. Place the sealed submission form bag inside the specimen bag. If the form will not fit, staple or paper clip the two together.
- Place the specimen with submittal form in the designated plastic bin inside the refrigerator.
- Ensure refrigerator door closes completely.
There is a $75 after hours charge for carcasses received after hours that require laboratory personnel assistance (i.e. large animals). There is no after hours charge for sample submitted in the refrigerator.