Due to the potential health risk to TVMDL personnel, we do not perform testing on any specimen derived from primate species, including lemurs. The only exception to this policy is that testing of formalin-fixed tissue may be performed.
All samples and accompanying documentation submitted to TVMDL for testing become the property of the agency and may be tested as part of state/federal surveillance programs, utilized for research and educational purposes, and/or development of new assays. TVMDL is unable to return samples to the client unless prior arrangements are made and approved by the agency Director or designee.
Clients Without an Account
Special Testing Forms
- Digital Cytology Submission Form
- Dermatopathology Specialty Service Form
- Contagious Equine Metritis (CEM) Form
- Trichomoniasis Test Record (Texas Animal Health Commission)
- Equine Piroplasmosis Laboratory Test Record (Texas Animal Health Commission)
- TVMDL accepts samples taken from animals suspected to be infected with rabies. Samples will be forwarded to the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) for testing. Submitters should be prepared to follow the TDHS shipping and processing information.
- Specimen Import List (spreadsheet) – Use for large number of specimens
- SVA Shipping Sign Up Sheet
- Client Account Reactivation Form
TVMDL College Station
Shipping Address – FedEx, UPS, LSO
483 Agronomy Rd.
College Station, TX 77840
US Mailing Address:
PO Drawer 3040
College Station, TX 77841-3040
TVMDL Center Poultry Laboratory
635 Malone Drive
Center, TX 75935
6610 Amarillo Blvd. West
Amarillo, TX 79106
TVMDL Gonzales Poultry Laboratory
1162 East Sarah DeWitt Drive
Gonzales, TX 78629