The National Poultry Improvement Program (NPIP) is carried out in Texas, by the following:
- The Texas Poultry Improvement Association (TPIA) administers fees & dues associated with the program.
- The Texas Poultry Improvement Board (TPIB) administers the testing, rules and regulations related to the NPIP.
- USDA-VS coordinate all states that have a NPIP state program.
Major benefits of NPIP are:
- Program recognition (started in late 1930’s).
- Standard terminology for disease classification.
- International recognition.
- Listing in USDA-VS publication.
To become part of NPIP in Texas, the owner / manager of the operation will need to:
- Test your flock under the Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Program.
- Complete the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and fee statement.
- Return the MOU, fee statement with a check payable to the Texas Poultry Improvement Association and a copy of your annual PT flock test.
Click here to download the NPIP application.