Diagnostic testing can answer a lot of questions. However incomplete, missing, or vague submission paperwork only leads to more questions, rather than answers.
As soon as samples arrive at TVMDL, receiving staff immediately start the accessioning process to ensure testing can begin as soon as possible. Part of the accessioning process is manually reviewing and entering the information listed on the accompanied submission paperwork. If forms are incomplete, lacking detailed information, or not included, the accessioning process slows down. Receiving staff will always contact clients when questions about a submission arise, however, this can often times delay samples from beginning the testing process.
Here are a few tips to ensure samples are accessioned quickly:
- Details matter | Each field on the TVMDL Submission Form or TVMDL Poultry Form has a purpose. A complete, detailed submission form gives laboratory staff the information they need to ensure testing is performed properly.
- Reference the website | Clients are strongly encouraged to download submission forms directly from the website. This ensures the most current version is used and that staff receive all the information needed to quickly accession samples. TVMDL’s online test catalog is also an important reference when requesting tests. Many tests have similar names. Clients are advised to reference the website and use a test’s code to ensure the correct test is ordered.
- Include regulatory or speciality testing forms | Certain tests require paperwork in addition to TVMDL’s submission forms. If you’re uncertain if the test you’re requesting requires additional paperwork call a TVMDL lab.
- Print portal paperwork | The TVMDL Portal is another method of completing paperwork. Following an online submission, a PDF of the submission information will be generated. Print this form and ensure it’s included with samples. This practice ensures the accessioning process can begin as soon as the sample arrives at TVMDL.
- Organize additional paperwork | For large accessions sent to College Station or Canyon, please use the TVMDL Accession Form Supplement or the Bulk Accession Spreadsheet. These additional forms ensure your case stays organized. Once complete, these forms should be emailed to:
- College Station: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canyon: email@example.com
TVMDL clients who use Southeast Vocational Alliance (SVA) for shipping: Additional paperwork, updated paperwork, patient histories, and all information that goes along with an accession should only be emailed to the TVMDL receiving lab.
For questions about shipping, visit tvmdl.tamu.edu or call one of the agency’s four laboratory locations.