The Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (TVMDL) offers consultation services over a variety of subjects. No matter the topic of discussion, here are some ways to ensure you are prepared for your consultation.
General information to have available for all consultations:
• Previous or current TVMDL accession numbers
• Pertinent testing done in-house or at another lab
• Signalment (if not given already)
• Vaccination history
• Working differential diagnosis
• Succinct question for the veterinary diagnosticians
For production animal/population this additional information is helpful:
- Production type
- Calf ranch
- History of current condition in the population (previous illness or deaths)
- Clinical signs in the other animals
- Morbidity percentage/mortality percentage in the population
To learn more about setting up a consultation with one of TVMDL’s veterinary diagnosticians, call the College Station laboratory at 1.888.646.5623 or the Canyon laboratory at 1.888.646.5624.