Providing diagnostic services to clients throughout Texas and around the world requires a team of dedicated, highly trained professionals. We employ several types of professionals who work together to fulfill the agency’s mission of protecting animal and human health through diagnostics.
Veterinary Diagnosticians & Veterinary Pathologists
TVMDL is a full-service veterinary diagnostic laboratory. Tests performed help determine the cause of a disease or develop a treatment plan for companion animals, livestock, poultry and livestock. Veterinarians on staff bring their clinical training and experience together with their diagnostic knowledge to provide a customized service to clients.
- Consult and advise clients on test selection
- Review of biopsy and cytology samples to identify cancers or other diseases
- Interpret test results and recommend treatment or further testing
- Coordinate cases with multiple tests to ensure a comprehensive report for clients
- Train fellow diagnosticians and veterinarians
Scientists & Technicians
Technicians and scientists make up the majority of our employees. At TVMDL, these professionals perform state of the art diagnostic techniques alongside classical diagnostic methods.
- Testing for toxins or illicit substances using liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry
- PCR testing for DNA or RNA analysis
- Classic bacteriology and fungal cultures
- ELISA testing for antibody presence
- Quick turnaround tests for animals in critical status
- Endocrine testing for pregnancy or breeding purposes
Providing excellent client service to our 150,000+ clients is paramount. Administrative staff at all four locations interact with veterinarians, animal owners, producers, and regulatory officials to fulfill the agency’s mission.
- Manage client’s case records
- Review and assign specimens for testing
- Track export testing or legal cases
- Collaborate with TVMDL veterinarians and scientists to fulfill test requests
- Provide customer service to clients, animal owners, and veterinarians
Quality Assurance Professionals
Our sound reputation can be largely accredited to our continuous attention to quality assurance, which we safeguard by applying the most stringent requirements and applicable standards. Quality assurance professionals at TVMDL work alongside veterinarians, scientists, technicians, and other professionals to build and maintain a robust quality assurance program.
- Aid in drafting, reviewing, and editing standard operating procedures
- Manage proficiency programs, equipment calibration, and process deviations
- Determine root cause analysis and steps for improvement in lab processes
- Perform reviews, trainings and evaluations with laboratory professionals
TVMDL also hires professionals in safety, finance, administration, sample accessioning, and more. View our vacancies for a current list of openings.