- Diseases of ruminants including sheep, goats, cattle and White-tailed deer.
- Infertility and pregnancy loss (abortion) in sheep and goats.
- Viral diseases of ruminants (bluetongue, epizootic hemorrhagic disease and others).
- Implications of livestock diseases in international trade.
- Farm biosecurity and agroterrorist threats
Dr. de la Concha is a pathologist at TVMDL’s College Station laboratory, where he provides macroscopic and microscopic pathology diagnostic services for livestock and companion animals. He has published more than 40 peer-reviewed articles and made more than 135 presentations to professional, industry and special interest groups.