Effective immediately, the Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (TVMDL) will no longer offer the following tests:
- Anaplasmosis Card Test. TVMDL suggests the cELISA or qPCR as alternatives.
- Coagulation Profile (prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, D-dimer, antithrombin III).
- Ketone Test (serum and urine qualitative). TVMDL suggests a Beta-Hydroxybutyrate as an alternative selection.
- Cryptosporidia Stain. TVMDL offers both a PCR and an FA test instead.
While the following tests are no longer offered in-house, TVMDL has contracted with National Veterinary Services Laboratory (NVSL) in Ames, IA and will refer test requests.
- Avian Chlamydia complement fixation test
- Non – avian Chlamydia complement fixation test
- Johne’s Disease complement fixation test (Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis)
- Q Fever Phase I and II complement fixation test
We appreciate your continued use of TVMDL for your diagnostic needs. TVMDL looks forward to providing quality, affordable diagnostic results to all clients. If you have questions regarding test services, please contact the College Station laboratory toll-free at 1.888.646.5623 and the Amarillo laboratory toll-free at 1.888.646.5624.